WHO WE ARE
New England Synthesizer Center (NESC) grew out of a desire to create a brick-and-mortar place for synthesizer enthusiasts, hobbyists, musicians, engineers, experimenters, and everyone else to get together.
Our heritage is do-it-yourself electronic modular synthesizers. Our current environment is one of creativity, exploration, education, inclusivity, and acceptance through the magical medium of electronic audio waves.
NESC is a place to come and start to learn, pursue, satisfy and obsess about electronic music synthesizers. We are home to
- synthCube: One of the world’s largest on-line selections of DIY synthesizer panels, pcbs, kits, parts and accessories, synthCube operates out of NESC.
- Music From Outer Space: the legacy of synth guru Ray Wilson continues on- analog synth noise boxes, modular synthesis projects, standalone synthesizers and Ray’s master work Make: Analog Synthesizers
- MOTM Analog Modular DIY: the large format legacy of Paul Schreiber of Synthesis Technology, MOTM is a modular synthesizer format, brand, and series of amazing modules.
- NESC Retail Discovery Center: come browse over 100 synthesizer projects representing some of the best makers in the world
- NESC Synthesizer Classes and Events: check our calendar for synthesizer discovery events, workshops, performances, maker introductions and more!
HOW TO FIND US
We are located behind and above the Dunkin Donuts/Northside Convenience Store at 44 Great Road, Bedford, MA. We are 25 minutes outside of Boston via Route 128/US95 exit MA-4 west towards Bedford. Parking is available along the back of the building. Please respect our neighbors and do not park in spaces for the DD/Convenience store. Enter through the doors on the back of the building and find us up the stairs on your left or via elevator to the second floor.